Attorney Jennifer C. Carter
“It is only in experience that you can succeed in overcoming obstacles.”
Jennifer C. Carter was born and raised in Whittier, California.
She earned her Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Southern California. Afterwards, she went on to earn her J.D. from Southwestern Law School. She is a member of the California State Bar, as well as the United States District Court – Central District of California, and the United States Supreme Court. During 2010 and 2011, she volunteered as a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office. Ms. Carter, thereafter, joined the Jacobsma & Brau law firm.
Ms. Carter enjoys volunteering at the Whittier Uptown Senior Center, providing free legal counseling. She is, also, active with the Southeast District Bar Association (SEDBA). She focuses primarily on personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. Her areas of practice, also, include estate planning and products liability.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Estate Planning
- Products Liability
- University of Southern California, B.A., cum laude (2008)
- Southwestern Law School, J.D., cum laude (2011)
- Author, CAPITAL PUNISHMENT: A Struggle to Satisfy Evolving Standards of Decency – Reviewing the Debate in the United States and Canada, Southwestern Journal of International Law, Spring 2011
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court 2015
- Southeast District Bar Association
- President (2016)
- President Elect (2015)
- Trustee: (2012 – 2014)
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California